Monday, July 21, 2014

Nail Esteem

You know what is one of the worst feelings in the world? Having disgusting looking nails. You know what I'm talkin' about-- when you haven't painted them in 2 1/2 weeks, and the polish is half chipped off. Or sometimes they have sharp, uneven edges because you accidentally broke them off while you were trying to pry open a can, and you just couldn't find the damn can opener! Or maybe you bit them off because you're frustrated and you really just needed to, OKAY?!?!?!?!?


Believe me, I get it! Maintaining your nails is hard! Between dealing with your family, impressing your boss, going to the ends of the earth to maintain your rockin' bod, AND catching up with friends, who has the time to paint their nails? At the end of the day, all I want to do is lay in my bed and watch Netflix.

And you can FORGET about paying to get your nails done every other week! I can barely afford to buy my own groceries each week (which reminds me.... please remind me to get a real job!)

But you know what? As busy as life can get, I've learned that I HAVE to make time to paint my nails. Because when I go out in public, whether it be the grocery store or work, I cannot stop staring at my disgusting nails! Not to mention, I totally lose focus because all I can think about is what everyone ELSE must be thinking when they see them...

"Holy shit, I didn't know cutting nails with a weed-wacker was a real thing..."
"Jesus... who's grave did SHE dig up?"
"Yikes.... you know, bad nails have always been a turn off for me."
"And she wants to work at Oscar de la Renta someday? LOLOLOL" 
 
Sometimes I'll even sit on my hands so my fellow co-workers can't see the horror of my nail-care negligence. But then I turn into that weird girl who sits on her hands all the time.... and who wants to be that? I've got enough quirks to worry about....

Maybe if I keep my hands in my pockets... they won't notice.

When it comes down to it though, you really shouldn't care about what other people think of you. But, for me personally, having crummy nails makes ME feel crummy. It's like when you haven't gone to the gym in a month, and your self-esteem goes to shit because you totally feel heavier, and you know there is absolutely no good reason why you couldn't spare an hour to just go to the gym.

Lesson to be learned here? Nail esteem is a real thing! So ladies, if you're feelin' down... do yourself a favor. Do your nails, put on your best dress, and be the strong, confident woman that you deserve to be!  



XoXoXo


Fashion Fox

No comments:

Post a Comment