Saturday, June 7, 2014

First Week in NYC 2014

    Well it's official ladies and gents! I've survived my first week of living in the Big Apple! And I've only got one thing to say..................... I LOVE IT HERE!!!!!

     The search for a summer job has been tough (just ask my feet), but my internship with PONO jewelry has been absolutely fabulous so far! Although, would you like to know the first lesson I learned in New York? FORGET THE HEELS. Yesterday I wore a dress to work and I ever so foolishly thought I could handle walking the streets of New York in (very pretty) brown wedged heels. Needless to say, it didn't take me more than 4 blocks before I tripped on a pothole and completely wiped out in the middle of a street intersection. Fortunately for me, a very nice Swedish man was there to help me up before any crazed taxi drivers could run me over.





     Full disclosure: I was really nervous about coming here in the beginning. Not only did every single one of my family member's scare the s%#@ out of me with stories of murderers and rapists that lurk the streets of New York at night... but I was also worried that I may not have chosen the best way to spend my summer break (for ME at least). I mean... my ideal summer has always consisted of banana tanning lotion and my very own seat by the pool... NOT overcrowded concrete streets and potential pick pockets every where I turn. I was starting to wonder whether or not I made a mistake accepting an internship opportunity as a Freshman.
   
     But as the days went on... I found more and more things that made me feel at home. First of all, my roommate Lauren is an absolute joy. And then I found a beautiful bike path about 4 blocks down from me that goes along the beautiful Hudson river. I always run there on a sunny day. And Lauren and I are going rollerblading there next week.   ;)

     Summer has definitely NOT been lost. I can still work out every day, and as I write this post, I am basking in the sun in Central Park, surrounded by hundreds of people tanning, flying kites, playing frisbee and volleyball, and even rolling around a giant human-size inflatable soccer ball..... that seems.. to be... COMING MY WAY!!!!!!!!!!

     Ope! False alarm!! Some shirtless man just kicked it away from me. We're good.

     *sigh* Oh yes. I really think I'm going to like it here.



Xoxo,

Fashion Fox... in her Natural Habitat

No comments:

Post a Comment